Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Partidge in a Pear Tree....

I spent much of the last two days constructing a gift for my nephew. I'm sorry to say that it was 4 years
in the making.  He chose pattern and the fabric 4 years ago, and there it sat on my cutting table for probably 6 months.  Untouched, I moved it to a plastic container for my "things I need to get done".
I couldn't understand why I just didn't do it, until last night.  You see, my father passed away 3years ago.
Josh was very close to his papa, and papa adored Josh. When my dad passed, I asked mom for some of his shirts.  I have now made 6 quilts from his clothing, I sort of feel like Jesus with the fish and loaves.  Remember how he multiplied them when he had to feed thousands?  Same with this fabric, it seems to multiply.  As I was making this gift, I started putting away some of the fabric that was chosen and replacing it with papas shirt fabric.  Enough said, you be the judge, comment on what you think.
Here it is, and if you know Josh, this is a surprise for him. I don't think he thought it would ever get made.
I can hardly wait to see the look on his face.

I was a little disappointed yesterday, no one tried to get the question answered.  On the first day of christmas my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree.  on the second day of christmas, my true love      
gave to me _____ ________ _________. 11 Days to Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! He's going to love it, especially with those sentimental fabrics. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete