Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All I want for Christmas.....

Can you believe it?  Only 19 days left until christmas.  Where did 2011 go?  If your house is like mine, you are busy getting lists and checking them twice.  One year I neglected to check mine twice and my middle son was left with a back yard snow board.  I was sure I had bought him more than a snow board, and it wasn't a fancy one either, just one for the back yard hill.  We were handing out the gifts under the tree and there Ian sat, with nothing in his pile.  It was then I remembered we had the snow board in the trunk for him.  He looked around at his sibling and they all had pile of gifts.  What was the difference between Ian and his 4 siblings?  Ian is a bright young man who has always had simple needs and has always been giving.  When I had asked for his list, he only stated he wanted a snow board for the neighborhood hills, the others lists were much longer.  When he got his snow board, his eyes lit up and he was filled with true christmas joy.  You see for him it wasn't about the gifts, it was about the reason for this wonderful holiday season.  So don't stress on the gifts, lets focus on time with family, remembering why we celebrate this holiday.  A Babe was born in a manager, a humble beginning for a King.
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment